Re: Minutes from Feb 21 LSE Call

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 18:54:33 EST

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 04:27:54PM -0700, yodaiken@fsmlabs.com wrote:
> I'm not sure what you are complaining about. I don't think there is good
> or even marginal data or explanations of this "effect".

I'm complaining about being quoted out of context and the animus against
unsupported preempt claims being directed against me.

Re-stating preempt's "ostensible purpose" is the purpose of the "vague
notion", not adding to the pile of speculation.

For the data, akpm has apparently tracked scheduling latency, so there
is a chance he actually knows whether it's serving its ostensible
purpose as opposed to having a large stockpile of overwrought wisecracks
and a propensity for quoting out of context.

-- wli