Re: tg3 patches needed for 2.4.19/2.4.20

From: James Bourne (jbourne@mtroyal.ab.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 09:37:54 EST

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Christian Guggenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In former days there always had been some problems with broadcom GBit Nics. So
> I'd like to ask what patches for the tg3 are recommended for production use
> with 2.4.19/2.4.20.

Hi,
I have created a patch for 2.4.20 for the tg3 driver from Jeff
Garziks and David Millers tg3 1.4c driver which I'm hoping will be
in the next kernel.

The patch is at http://www.hardrock.org/kernel/2.4.20/

Note that because of NAPI the 2.4.20 driver will not work with 2.4.19...

I have been using this driver now for 6 days without a lockup (4 days with
2.4.20 and 2 days before that with 2.4.21-pre4) and it has
been working great. With the stock 2.4.20 tg3 driver we wouldn't get past
36 hours without a lockup...

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."