Re: 2.5.62-mm3 - no X for me

From: Helge Hafting (helgehaf@aitel.hist.no)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 07:26:53 EST

2.5.62-mm3 boots up fine, but won't run X. Something goes
wrong switching to graphics so my monitor says "no signal"

Using radeonfb:
Switching to the framebuffer console almost works, but
the video mode is messed up so parts of the text appear
all over the screen. Switching back to X again shows
X in a very messed up video mode, some sort
of resolution mismatch.

Using plain vga console:
Nothing happens on the screen after I get "no signal",
console switching has no effect. Sync&Reboot via
sysrq works though.

The kernel uses UP, preempt, no module support, devfs configured
but not used.

Hardware:
2.4GHz P4, 512M
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon VE QY
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5591/5592 AGP

Helge Hafting