Re: Linux kernel rant

From: Chris Friesen (cfriesen@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 09:53:07 EST

James Buchanan wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:19 am, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
>>No IDE disks or modern SCSI controllers in your machine ?
>>

> The ones I use are not forbidden to be seen by me, written under an
> NDA or otherwise. No, no modern SCSI controllers.

I think what you're missing is that many drivers are *written* under an
NDA but then the resulting code is released under an open license.

You're free to use the resulting driver, but the writer can't talk about
exactly how it works.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen                    | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks                  | work: (613) 765-0557