Re: Linux kernel rant

From: Rik van Riel (riel@imladris.surriel.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 12:54:50 EST

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, James Buchanan wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:26 am, Tomas Szepe wrote:
> > Don't be naive, BSD people have to sign NDA's too if they want to
> > have decent drivers for cheap hardware.
>
> I'm not - Theo De Raadt refuses to sign them.

And as a consequence he doesn't have the same hardware support.

Of course, you're free to run openbsd on any machine that
supports it. I'm sure you'll be able to put one together
from various supported pieces of hardware.

Rik

--
Engineers don't grow up, they grow sideways.
http://www.surriel.com/		http://kernelnewbies.org/