Syscall from Kernel Space

From: Prasad (prasad_s@students.iiit.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 12:34:37 EST

Hi all,
        Is there a way using which i could invoke a syscall in the kernel
space? The syscall is to be run disguised as another process. The actual
situation is that I have a kernel thread running (a proxy for another
existing but sleeping process) This thread should run syscalls on behalf
of that process.
        Please so help me out! Also send me some URLs where i could find
related stuff.

Prasad.

--
Failure is not an option