Re: 2.5.x freezes on booting

From: dmeyer@dmeyer.net
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 22:46:42 EST

In article <200302192240.22261.gilsonr@cityisp.net> you write:
> Hi!
>
> I've rechecked my procedures, have gone through the archive without result.
>
> I compiled 2.4.19 and 2.4.20 (which I'm using right now) without
> problem, but 2.5.x is, so far, winning over me.

You and everyone else trying to use initrds. There have been
substantial module changes, and apparently mkinitrd is badly broken.
Look in the linux-kernel archives for recent posts by Bill Davidsen
(davidsen@tmr.com) - he's done a bunch of investigating but hasn't had
much success making it work.

--
Dave Meyer