RE: 2.4.20 amd speculative caching

From: Sowadski, Craig Harold (UMR-Student) (sowadski@umr.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 14:13:28 EST

Sorry, I didn't mean to state that the bug was in the processor.

The systems consistently hard locks in any accelerated application. The
mem=nopentium does not seem to help at all.

Are there any dependencies that must be taken care of to implement the
new fix? Also, should I be seeing any dmesg output from this new
implementation?

Are there any debugging techniques I could use to track the cause? (I
have no log outputs due to hard lock)

If it helps, here is my hardware config:

        AMD Duron 1300MHZ
        MSI K7T Turbo-2
        ATI Radeon 7500 w/64mb
        Redhat 8.0