Re: Functionality Question

From: Matthew J. Fanto (mattjf@uncompiled.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 21:44:30 EST

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 20:51, Shon W. Harris wrote:
> And the same goes for NTFS and Linux Partitions, why cant you have write
> able access to a NTFS partition? I have had it explained to me in the ways
> "it is not stable" or "Not secure"
>
> Can someone explain this better to me.

The reason you cannot write to an NTFS partition is we just haven't had time
to write the code. All the NTFS developers (including myself) are very busy.
Once we get some free time, we will be working hard on it. We understand most
of the NTFS filesystem, so thats not the problem. It's just a lack of free
time.

Regards,
Matthew J. Fanto <mattjf@uncompiled.com>
Linux-NTFS Project