Re: how to interactively break gdb debugging kernel over serial?

From: David Wuertele (dave-gnus@bfnet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 15:37:29 EST

>> I'm debugging the kernel with gdb over a serial port. Breakpoints and
>> stepping through code works great, except for the fact that once the
>> kernel is running, I can't seem to use Control-C to stop it. Is there
>> a keypress or other interactive way to break a running kernel?
>> Thanks,
>> Dave

george> There are a great number of kgdb patches in the wild. You
george> would help us out a lot if you were to name the one you are
george> using.

Here's the output from gdb --version:

GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.1.90CVS-5)
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux".

Does that help?

Thanks,
Dave