[ANNOUNCE] 2.5 kernel errata list

From: Paul Larson (plars@linuxtestproject.org)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 14:13:59 EST

Based on a suggestion and several people saying they would find it
useful, I'm keeping a kernel errata page on the Linux Test Project
website at http://ltp.sourceforge.net/errata

I'll try to maintain a list of known fixes for blocking problems with
the most recent kernel on this page. By "blocking", I mean anything
severe enough to keep you from testing the kernel (can't compile, panic
on boot, catches your hair on fire, etc). This is _not_ a replacement
for the bug tracking system. I won't put anything here that doesn't
have a fix or a workaround. So if you're looking for an exhaustive list
of problems for a given kernel, look at bugme, but if all you want is a
list of known fixes to get you up and running quickly, the errata list
should give you a quick and easy answer.

If you have any suggestions to make this more useful or if you see
anything I've missed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul Larson