Re: compile problem with 2.5.61-bk

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 17:23:46 EST

Steve French <smfrench@austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Those two functions are not exported (see e.g. ksyms.c) so are not
> available for modules to access but work when built as part of the kernel.
> For the time being this means the CIFS VFS can not be built as a module.
> Looks like I will have to figure out an alternate way to get at those two
> functions either directly by exporting them or preferably by calling them
> indirectly

I think exporting them makes sense. In fact, given that ->readpages() is an
address_space op, filesystems do have to be able to add these pages to pagecache.

It might be simpler to just use add_to_page_cache_lru(), and to export that
instead. But that is a little more lock-intensive, and is equivalent to
exporting add_to_page_cache() and __pagevec_lru_add().

btw, cifs_copy_cache_pages() can use the more efficient kmap_atomic(KM_USER0)
in place of the kmap().