Re: 2.5.59 kernel bugs

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 16:16:40 EST

<niteowl@intrinsity.com> wrote:

> FWIW, here's a list of potential 2.5.59 kernel bugs. Some of these
> might be causing real trouble. Many are probably benign. A few may be
> non-bugs that are just poor coding style although I've tried to weed

I assume you picked these up with `gcc -W'?

gcc -W generates ten megabytes of warnings, with a few gems. We really need
finer-grained control of gcc warnings so that the good ones can be turned on.
gcc warnings are being redone at present and this might yet happen...

> fs/super.c:313 if (!sb->s_op->sync_fs);

That's fixed in 2.5.59++

That too. davem said "OMG that's scary :)"

> fs/hugetlbfs/inode.c:235 if (!super_block | (super_block->s_flags & MS_ACTIVE)) {

I'll fix that up.

As for the rest well gee. Perhaps we should stick #error's in there to
flush out some people who can test the fixes.