hdb=flash doesn't help

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski (gvlyakh@mail.ru)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 04:48:00 EST

Hello

We have a system with 2 CF-disks connected
directly to the IDE-controller (PIIX4). We
used before the "old" IDE-driver hd.c and it
worked fine, until we had to use a larger
disk (1.5GB). Then we disabled hd.c, and
appended hdb=flash. Then initially at boot
both drives are identified:
PIIX4: IDE controller...
PIIX4 chipset revision 1
PIIX4: not 100% native mode...
    ide0: BM-DMA at...
hda: Hitachi...
hdb: ...
ide0 at...
hdb: 31488 sectors (16MB)...
Partition check:
 hdb: hdb1
And that's it. hda never appears again. And
what is also strange, the order of hda/b is
swapped, compared to the old hd.c driver and
to BIOS settings. What's the reason for this
behaviour and how do we fix it?

Thanks
Guennadi

---