Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: fbcon scrolling madness + fbset corruption

From: Antonino Daplas (adaplas@pol.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 02:15:51 EST

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 03:57, Russell King wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 09:29:38AM +0800, Antonino Daplas wrote:
> > fb_pan_display() does not test for YWRAP. Can you try this?
>
> This doesn't appear to solve the ywrap problem - I still get
> places where the screen doesn't scroll. I decided to write a
> small program to dump out the contents of fb_var_screeninfo, and
> where stuff goes horribly wrong:
>
> bash-2.04# ./tst
> Visible: 1280x1024
> Virtual: 1280x1632
> BPP : 8
> Offset : +0+2352
> bash-2.04# ./tst
> Visible: 1280x1024
> Virtual: 1280x1632
> BPP : 8
> Offset : +0+2392
>
> Up to the point where it goes wrong:
>
> bash-2.04# ./tst
> Visible: 1280x1024
> Virtual: 1280x1632
> BPP : 8
> Offset : +0+528
> bash-2.04# ./tst
> Visible: 1280x1024
> Virtual: 1280x1632
> BPP : 8
> Offset : +0+568
> bash-2.04# ./tst
> Visible: 1280x1024 <--- this is the last line on the screen
> Virtual: 1280x1632
> BPP : 8
> Offset : +0+608
> bash-2.04#
>
> So it looks like something isn't limiting the yoffset in the generic
> console layer; an xoffset of 2392 when the maximum virtual Y is 1632
> is just nonsense.

It might be a problem with display.vrows not being updated during
fbcon_resize(). I think I sent James some patches before that added
that.

Can you try adding this at the end of fbcon_resize() in
drivers/video/fbcon.c?

p->vrows = info->var.yres_virtual/vc->vc_font.height;

Tony

PS: I never encountered your problem, but I don't have hardware that's
capable of ywrap.