klibc update

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 00:23:54 EST

For those wondering what's happening with klibc, here's an update...

I have it building relatively well within the kernel, and have modified
the usr/gen_init_cpio.c file to add files to the cpio "blob". That all
seems to work, but I don't seem to be able to extract the files properly
(or at least that's what I'm guessing is happening).

If anyone wants to see the current progress, there's a big patch against
2.5.59 at:
        kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/klibc/klibc-2.5.59.patch.gz
and a bk tree with the different changes broken down into "logical"
chunks at:
        bk://kernel.bkbits.net/gregkh/linux/klibc-2.5

Any help with trying to debug init/initramfs.c to figure out what is
going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

greg k-h