High-Res-Timers: Unexpected "lock" during "Calibrating delay loop "

From: Isabelle, Francois (Francois.Isabelle@ca.kontron.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 09:04:22 EST

Hi,
        we are having an unexpected problem with the HR patch( regardless of
the patch you sent which compiled just fine ). The board uses a 486DX cpu,
so there is no support for TSC nor ACPI, the only thing we have is the PIT.

Without highres, the kernel boots properly, with highres enabled, the kernel
passes "time_init()" put it hangs in "calibrate_loop() , ( I though it hung
for real, but it get passed the loop after a while) "

Seems like the tick is VERY SLOW..

The PIT has been tested on this board, and without HR, the kernel boots fine
... if you have any hints, they would be welcome.

The keyboard detection routine timeouts so the system is quiet unuseable and
I can't get the calibration results yet.

Frank