[2.5.59] nforce2 IDE support for the amd74xx driver

From: James Curbo (phoenix@sandwich.net)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 17:47:13 EST

The amd74xx IDE driver in 2.5.59 has support for the nforce IDE
controller, but not explicitly for the nforce2 IDE controller (which has
a different PCI ID, which is in the kernel already). I'm not sure if the
nforce and nforce2 controllers are identical, but I made a small patch
that made the amd74xx driver recognize the nforce2 IDE, and it boots for
me, seems to work fine, as my drives were tuned to their highest
transfer rate automatically (udma5).

I don't know if this patch is proper or correct, but it Works for
Me [tm]. Patch is attached.

--
James Curbo <hannibal@adtrw.org> <phoenix@sandwich.net>