Permission to use atomic code under LGPL

From: Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller (Uraeus@linuxrising.org)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 12:52:42 EST

Hi,
I am with the GStreamer project (www.gstreamer.net). We did a small
license audit the other day and discovered we included some code from
the kernel. GStreamer uses the LGPL so this is a problem for us.

The code in question is the atomic code and is included in our
sourcefile below. Do the person(s) in question responsible for this code
mind if we re-license it under the LGPL?

We will of course add comments in the code stating its origin with
copyrights etc.

I am not subscribed to the list so if anyone has objections to this
relicensing of this particular piece of code, please CC me any

Sincerely,
Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus@linuxrising.org>