Re: Problem 2.5.59:SiS framebuffer failed to compile while Intel810 is OK.

From: Markus Barenhoff (barenh_m@informatik.haw-hamburg.de)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 06:27:30 EST

Thus spake Sampson Fung (sampson106@i-cable.com):

> I tested Intel810fb in kernel 2.5.59 with a success result. MPlayer can
> use fb to play vcd on my Intel Mainboard now.
>
> Then, I want to test the DVD playback in my SiS mainboard that has a DVD
> drive installed. So I modify the .config to include SiS Framebuffer
> support and failed to compile with errors below:
> =================

[sniped the build output]

The problem is, that the driver yet not been ported to the new
framebuffer layer of 2.5.

The maintainer of the driver writes on his site
(http://www.webit.at/~twinny/linuxsis630.shtml):
"Kernel 2.5 support will have to wait a few weeks, it seems the fb
API is still under development."

greetz Markus

--
Markus Barenhoff - Spannskamp 26 - D-22527 Hamburg - Germany
Cell: +49-179-8863351 eMail: barenh_m@informatik.haw-hamburg.de