Re: 48GB NUMA-Q boots, with major IO-APIC hassles

From: Zwane Mwaikambo (zwane@holomorphy.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 21:13:36 EST

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> Okay, and here is my latest attempt to deal with the issue (which is
> dirty as sin code-wise, but nm that... I'm trying to debug this).
>
> This doesn't actually work, I end up deadlocking presumably because
> everything's waiting for an interrupt that's been dropped at some point.

> +int vector_to_irq[MAX_NUMNODES][FIRST_SYSTEM_VECTOR - FIRST_DEVICE_VECTOR + 1];

This can never work by looking at the I/O interrupt section of your MP
table you're overwriting interrupt gates. Therefore this has the
unfortunate effect of invalidating the rest of the patch.

Consider this; If you have irq 8 on both ioapic0 and ioapic3 who gets the
vector setup in the IDT?

        Zwane

--
function.linuxpower.ca