Re: 2.5.58-mjb2 (scalability / NUMA patchset)

From: Martin J. Bligh (mbligh@aracnet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 10:44:25 EST

>> Speed up page init on boot (Bill Irwin)
>> local_pgdat Bill Irwin
>> Move the pgdat structure into the remapped space with lmem_map
>
> Any chance you could push these Linus-ward? akpm appears to have
> lost the intestinal fortitude to carry NUMA-Q/Summit -specific stuff
> himself, which is fine, I'd just rather not see these lost in the
> shuffle, esp. as a day or two was burned on each.

The first one isn't in the tree as yet ... I just haven't been excited
enough about speeding up boot speed, to be perfectly honest, seeing as
it still takes 5 minutes anyway. It might make more sense once kexec
works, and the percentage improvement would become significant.

The local_pgdat stuff definitely makes sense ... I'd kind of prefer it
to go after the mem_map so I don't have to think about alignment
issues so much, but it's been stable for ages, so I guess I'll push it
as soon as Linus returns from vacation ...

M.