Re: 2.4.20/2.4.21-pre3 usb Oops

From: Jacek Kawa (jfk@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 12:14:51 EST

Greg KH wrote:

> > I've got ide disk connected as usb-storage device.

> > Oops is reproductable (output from ksymoops below).
> > I had to copy it from screen (I hope effects are
> > reliable).
> Can you switch UHCI drivers and see if the problem is still there?

Hello!

It's better (no oops anyway). I'm not sure if problem
it's still usb-related now (?).

BTW. I booted to 2.5.58 (CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=m)
and there was no oops, but fdisk fell in 'D' state. I can
try to extract something more from logs if it could be helpful.

2.4.20, uhci:
-------------
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
Vendor: Model: Rev:
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
usb.c: usb-storage driver claimed interface ce462700
USB Mass Storage support registered.
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sda: Write Protect is off
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4

after fdisk /dev/sda
hub.c: port 1, portstatus 103, change 0, 12 Mb/s
usb.c: ignoring set_interface for dev 2, iface 0, alt 0
scsi: device set offline - not ready or command retry failed after bus reset: host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0
 I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0

bye

PS

--