Re: i810 sound starts and stops for 2.4.XX and i845PE chipset

From: edward.kuns@rockwellfirstpoint.com
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 14:59:43 EST

Last weekend I tried out 2.4.21-pre3-ac2 and that resolved the sound
problems I was having with i810 audio. Since moving the sound driver
itself back to an earlier release did not make the difference, I conclude
that the IRQ steering code was updated between 2.4.18 and the latest
releases. This is with the i845PE chipset on the Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra
motherboard (aka P4 Titan 667 Ultra) .

It's possible that this IRQ fix was present in an earlier load. I had
separate issues with 2.4.20-*** loads that prevented this computer from
booting. I'm pretty sure that a fix included in 2.4.21-pre3 resolved that
problem.

      Eddie

--
Edward Kuns
Technical Staff Member

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged material. Any duplication, dissemination, action taken in reliance upon, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may violate applicable law. If this e-mail has been received in error, please notify the sender and delete the information from your system.