Re: any chance of 2.6.0-test*?

From: Kai Henningsen (kaih@khms.westfalen.de)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 15:01:00 EST

terje.eggestad@scali.com (Terje Eggestad) wrote on 13.01.03 in <20030113144017$68de@gated-at.bofh.it>:

> On man, 2003-01-13 at 12:09, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/ewd02xx/EWD215.PDF
> to be exact. Reading it you can tell exactly how much of an
> mathematician Dijkstra really was. At these times It's best to keep in
> mind a quote:
>
> "I used to understand the Theory of Relativity, but then the
> mathematicians got hold of it."
> -- Albert Einstein

Wasn't Dijkstra one of the guys behind Algol 68? Yes, the one where some
Geek test asks if you've read the revised report? ... and did you
understand it? (I did, even found a bug in the library chapter (a simple
case of exporting a pointer to local storage), but boy was that the
hardest-to-understand language definition I've ever seen! Did complete
symbol definition-and-usage checks purely in the (context-dependant
meta-)grammar.)

MfG Kai