Re: Changing argv[0] under Linux.

From: DervishD (raul@pleyades.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 06:35:33 EST

    Hi Bob :)

> Or you can copy your all your args and env to a temporary place and
> then re-build your args and env with the new argv[0] in it's place.

    Yes, this is a good solution, too. The problem with all solutions
is that they involve a good bunch of code for a thing that doesn't
deserve it ;))

    Moreover, since I must preserve the environment and I'm pretty
sure that there is no arg except argv[0], I end up with the same
problem. The user may install this bit of crap under name '/i', for
example, and then I have only two characters for the new name :((

    Thanks for your help :)

    Raśl