Dell Latitude CPi keyboard problems since 2.5.42

From: Mikael Pettersson (mikpe@csd.uu.se)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 05:22:05 EST

Vojtech,

On October 17, I wrote to LKML:
>Dell Latitude CPi laptop. Boot 2.5.42 or .43, then reboot.
>Shortly after the screen is blanked and the BIOS starts, it
>prints a "keyboard error" message and requests an F1 or F2
>response (continue or go into SETUP). Never happened with any
>other kernel on that machine.

(see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103484432100001&r=1&w=2
for the full thread)

This problem is still present in 2.5.58. Any ideas what might
be causing it? I've tried a few obvious tweaks (forcing
atkbd_reset=1, making atkbd_cleanup() do nothing), but none
has helped.

Kernel 2.5.41 and older, and current 2.4/2.2 kernels, don't
cause this problem, so obviously the input driver must be doing
_something_ the HW or BIOS doesn't like.

I have CONFIG_{SERIO_I8042,KEYBOARD_ATKBD,INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX,
MOUSE_PS2,INPUT_PCSKR} enabled.

/Mikael