Re: [OFFTOPIC] RMS and reactions to him

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 15:36:18 EST

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Olivier Galibert wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:02:02PM -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > If I calmly, rationally, and clearly state things which are not true,
> > are self serving, and are not relevant to a forum, what should I expect
> > in response?
>
> Silence, of course. People here are supposed to know better than to
> answer to trolls.
>
> OG.

But then the unanswered repetition of bullshit starts to seem like
facts. Others, who don't know better, start to believe what they
have read, and pretty soon history has been re-written. It happens
all the time. There isn't a High School student in the United States
who doesn't believe that George Washington was a drunken slave-owner
with bad teeth. It doesn't matter if the ideas were based upon fact,
fiction, or a mixture of truth and the same. George Washington isn't
here to defend himself.

We are still here. We can defend ourselves.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson