RE: APIC version

From: Protasevich, Natalie (Natalie.Protasevich@UNISYS.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 22:55:59 EST

>We can gather that info at runtime from the processors, when we really need
it. And I don't think we have
>performance issues this that.

True - it has to be only done once per CPU bring-up.

To investigate all the corners of this issue: is it possible now, tomorrow,
on in the future to mix Intel processors on the same machine? Isn't it
enough really to collect the APIC version of boot CPU and just use it for
the rest? Or do we have to leave the opportunity for such occasion in the
code?

-Natalie