2.4.20 (-aa1): System hang during second (?) /dev/fd0 access

From: Dieter Nützel (Dieter.Nuetzel@hamburg.de)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 18:33:59 EST

Hello,

during or after the second (?) /dev/fd0 (floppy) access (mdir/mcopy/cp) or
when I do a "sync" during the first access the whole system locks up. This
only take place when the system is running in the third or fifth runlevel.
When I start into runlevel one (init 1) it doesn't happen. Nothing in the
logs.

System:
dual Athlon MP 1900+
MSI K7D Master-L (aka MS-6501, Rev 1.0, AMD 768MPX)
Linux 2.4.20 (-aa1) SMP
ACPI with or without AMD76x_pm module loaded

Thanks,
        Dieter

--
Dieter Nützel
Graduate Student, Computer Science

University of Hamburg Department of Computer Science @home: Dieter.Nuetzel at hamburg.de (replace at with @) - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/