Re: Linux v2.5.57

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 14:40:30 EST

In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0301131039050.13791-100000@penguin.transmeta.com>,
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> wrote:

>And special mention for Brian Gerst, who figured out and fixed a x86 page
>table initialization fix that would leave old machines unable to boot
>2.5.x.

Actually, I should also mention Mikael Pettersson, who actually debugged
and chased the problem down to the initialization. Sometimes finding
where the problem happens is harder than fixing it once found.

(On that same vein, kudos to Derek Atkins for chasing down where the
problems he saw with init started happening.)

                Linus