Re: Linux 2.4.21-pre3-ac4

From: Ross Biro (rossb@google.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 14:32:20 EST

One thing we could do to solve this entire problem is wait for the
interrupt to finish before sending the command to the drive in the first
place. Basically in ide_do_request we just have to change

        if (masked_irq && hwif->irq != masked_irq)
            disable_irq_nosync(hwif->irq);

    if (masked_irq && hwif->irq != masked_irq) {
        BUG();
    }

    if (!masked_irq) {
         disable_irq_sync(hwif->irq);
    }

But that means that we will only queue up new commands to a drive when
its interrupt is not currently active.

       Ross