Re: make xconfig broken in bk current

From: John Levon (levon@movementarian.org)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 20:20:33 EST

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:56:54AM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:

> > Can I just repeat my request to move this Qt stuff entirely out of the
> > kernel package, where it belongs ?
>
> We can discuss this during 2.7, until then I prefer to keep it close to
> the kernel, as the config system still has to mature a bit more.

OK, so you're fine with the moving to a different package when the
config library reaches a stable API ? Fair enough.

> > The current detection doesn't even start to get things working
> > correctly.
>
> For example?

You don't seem to set MOC correctly if you guess a Qt dir. It doesn't
cater for binaries called moc2 or libraries called qt3 or qt2[1]

regards
john

[1] I can't remember if some of these are only present on FreeBSD in
which case it wouldn't be relevant

--
Khendon's Law: If the same point is made twice by the same person,
the thread is over.