Moderated forum for linux-kernel

From: Andrew Walrond (andrew@walrond.org)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 17:31:30 EST

Forgive if this has been discussed before, but has anyone considered
hosting the linux-kernel on a web-based forum as used extensively elsewhere?

I can think of advantages;

Better Thread organisation and seperate topic areas for drivers,
patches, ide, ...
Being able to cheery pick threads of interest, and completely ignore others
Not having to dump your inbox after a week away just to catch up
Moderated forums (Off-topic threads policed and deleted)
Read only forums (write for registered/invited members)

I'm sure somebody will enlighten me regarding the disadvantages. :)

Andrew