Re: Nvidia and its choice to read the GPL "differently"

From: Rob Wilkens (robw@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 21:58:45 EST

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 21:54, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Indeed. Lots of things which are hard look easy to people who haven't
> done them. Operating systems don't have a corner on that market.

Of all the things that computer software programmers do, writing
operating systems is among the most simplistic of those tasks.

Of that, I am certain.

That is why my first job out of college was as an Operating Systems
Kernel Programmer.

That is what they call "low level programming" and that kind of
programming is looked down upon by most other programmers.

High-level languages (stuff like delphi and visual basic) are grown-up
languages and tools where you can create more substantial programs using
more substantial areas of your brain.

-Rob