Re: What's in a name?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 13:57:53 EST

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:42:52 EST, "Richard B. Johnson" said:

> No doubt a gcc compiler. I built my house with a Stanley hammer
> and a Skill saw. Neither Stanley nor Skill own the house (the
> bank does).

Actually, *YOU* probably own the house. What the bank has is a mortgage -
a promise by you that if you don't pay them, they *then* get to own the house.
Most banks try VERY hard to avoid actually owning houses.

This is actually somewhat germane, as it reflects back on the "GPL the
source after N units have been sold" business model, and code escrow, and
related thigns...

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer