Re: Suggestion

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 10:44:11 EST

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:12:53 +0100, Mikael Pettersson said:
> Harry Sileoni writes:
> > While fighting for some time with my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop and a new

> Are you sure you didn't mean ACPI instead? APIC != ACPI but
> people keep confusing the two.

The Dell Latitude C840 (what I have) and the (AFAIK) Inspiron 8100 both use
the NVidia geForce4 Go graphics chipset, and apparently the posted patches
to make nvidia's closed-source drivers work under 2.5 have issues with ACPI
on some platforms. Digging back, I only found like one message on the LKML
archives that mentioned the nvidia drivers don't play nice with ACPI.

Harry - does that match up with what you have?

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer