Suggestion

From: Harry Sileoni (stamina@kolumbus.fi)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 07:52:31 EST

Hi!

While fighting for some time with my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop and a new
kernel. No matter what I did in the APM-settings, the computer just
freezed after some minutes of uptime. Now I noticed a page witch
informed me that APIC support should not be used. I disabled APIC
support from the kernel config, and now it works perfect.

So, I suggest you add a line "This option might make your system hang
randomly" to the APIC support help page, so that other innocent people
with the same problem don't have to do hours of fighting with the APM,
which really wasn't the problem as I first though. :)

Thanks for a great kernel, and keep up the good work! :)