Re: Are linux network drivers really affected by this?

From: andrea.glorioso@binary-only.com
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 06:12:17 EST

>>>>> "ac" == Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

    ac> Most of them will pad with zero. We have a couple of drivers
    ac> that already pad with something along the lines of "NetBSD is
    ac> a cool OS too.."

Let's talk about subliminal messages, then. :)

How sensible would it be to have a runtime or compile time option for
choosing between zero padding and random values padding? I think the
variable length of the padding could cause some performance problems,
but I'm no kernel hacker nor cryptography expert.

    ac> The -ac tree should have the problem fixed for all the drivers
    ac> I know have the problem or may do.

Great.

bye,

andrea