Re: Another idea for simplifying locking in kernel/module.c

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@rustcorp.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 05:15:24 EST

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10301100138270.31168-100000@master.linux-ide.org> you
 write:

> I'll bite .... what the flip is [unsafe] ??

Use of obsolete (racy) module reference count interface. ie. someone's
upping the reference count with __MOD_INC_USE_COUNT() or
MOD_INC_USE_COUNT(), not "try_module_get()", so we can't tell them
that the module is going away so they couldn't get a reference.

Going through and fixing these up is generally fairly easy.

Hope that clarifies,
Rusty.