Re: APIC with SIS

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 11:09:48 EST

On 30 Dec 2002 17:18:29 +0000
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 16:33, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> > > You need some kernel patches, updated ACPI and ACPI enabled to use the
> > > SIS APIC in this setup
> >
> > Where to find?
>
> Current ACPI is on sourceforge. The SIS APIC workaround bits haven't yet
> been backported to 2.4, so you either do the backport or wait 8)

Ok, so I took ACPI from sf and voila: it works now! I took the patch for 2.4.20
and it does fine. Are there chances to include this in the mainstream? Without
my SIS-based motherboards do not work at all with shared interrupts (which you
actually cannot prevent due to lacking bios support for pci-irq mapping).

BTW: I tried 2.4.21-pre[1-3] and none did work, of course.

--
Regards,
Stephan