Re: aic7xxx broken in 2.5.53/54 ?

From: David Lang (dlang@diginsite.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 06:52:51 EST

I just tried 2.5.55 and it still locks up. I will hook up my laptop and
see if I can get aa serial console dump tomorrow night.

messages are

Slave Alloc 0
launching DV thread
begin domain validation
scsi0:2477 going from state 0 to state 1
scsi0:A:0:0: sending INQ
scsi0:timeout while doing DV command 12
scsi0:0:0:0 command completed status=0x90000
scsi0:A:0:0 enntering ahc_linux_dv_transition, state=1 statis=0x14005, cmd->result=0x90000
scsi0:2645 going from state 1 to state 1

at this point all the messages between the 'going to state' messages
repeat exactly, this happens for a couple min and then a whole bunch of
other stuff scrolls by (I don't know if this happens on previous versions,
I had given up before that much time had passed) the final message is
something about a recovery sleep and then the machine stops responding (I
waited 10 min this time to make sure it wasn't going to start working
again)

Daavid Lang