Re: [Pcihpd-discuss] Re:[BUG] cpci patch for kernel 2.4.19 bug

From: Rusty Lynch (rusty@linux.co.intel.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 15:44:13 EST

From: "Scott Murray" <scottm@somanetworks.com>
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Rusty Lynch wrote:
>
> > From: "Yang, Harold" <harold.yang@intel.com>
> > >
> > > Hi, Scott & Greg:
> > >
> > > I have applied the cpci patch for kernel 2.4.19, and test it
> > > thoroughly on ZT5084 platform. Two bugs are found:
> > >
> > > 1. In my ZT5084, the driver can't correctly detect the cPCI
> > > Hot Swap bridge device. Two DEC21154 exist on ZT5084,
> > > however, only one is the right bridge. The driver can't
> > > distinguish them correctly.
> >
> > I just got a couple of ZT5541 peripheral master boards
> > and can finally see what happens when an enumerable board
> > is plugged into a ZT5084 chassis using a ZT5550 system master
> > board.
> >
> > As of yet I have only tried a 2.5.54 kernel, but I see the
> > same problems along with some other wacky behavior that I
> > am trying to isolate.
> >
> > Now about the multiple DEC21154 devices ==> on my ZT5550 that
> > is in system master mode, the first DEC21154 device is a bridge
> > for the slots to the left of the system slots, and the second
> > DEC21154 is a bridge for the right of the system slots.
>
> Okay, that's what I originally wanted to determine from the lspci
> output I requested when Harold mentioned this problem at the end
> of November.

I am attaching output for:
1. lspci -vvv
2. cat /proc/ioports
3. cat /proc/iomem

For a ZT5550 running as system master in the second system slot
of a ZT5084 chassis that has two ZT5541 (peripherial master) boards
plugged in (one to the left of the sytem slots and the other to
the right of the system slots.)

> > So if I boot the system master (I'll talk about problems with
> > hotswaping in another email) with a peripheral board plugged
> > into one of the slots on the right of the master using the
> > current 2.5.54 kernel then I run into problems the first time
> > cpci_hotplug_core.c::check_slots() runs because it only looks
> > at the first bus when trying to find the card that caused the
> > #ENUM.
>
> I assume by problems you mean that the cPCI event thread gets
> shut down (which is what I'd expect), or do you mean something more
> severe?

The event thread shutsdown with the
"cannot find ENUM# source, shutting down" error message. That's all.