Re: status of ntfs write-support in 2.4.20

From: Joshua M. Kwan (joshk@ludicrus.ath.cx)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 12:36:45 EST

I believe it is still very unsafe. It *can* be done but you have to mess with
scandisk everytime you reboot back to windows...it's very very dirty and quite
hackish. I wouldn't think about risking data on an NTFS partition through the
limited NTFS driver in Linux 2.4 (even 2.5.)

And windows NT/2000/XP partitions are all the same NTFS anyway.

Regards
Josh