Re: [Asterisk] DTMF noise

From: Thomas Tonino (ttonino@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 02:51:38 EST

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> so - we DO NOT need a 'simplistic' DTMF decoder.

You need a good one. But good can be simplistic, is what I'm saying.

DTMF was designed to be easy to decode reliably. Complex doesn't automatically
mean better.

I remember reading a more specific version of the message I pointed a pointer
to, but couldn't find it back. But it came down to the devil being in the details.

It probably pays to have someone look at this with old hardware experience in
this. Telco newsgroup perhaps.

Thomas