Re: Linux iSCSI Initiator, OpenSource (fwd) (Re: Gauntlet Set NOW!)

From: Andrew McGregor (andrew@indranet.co.nz)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 07:12:12 EST

No, he really meant without. I don't know if Valdis saw the presentation
that went with that draft, but I did (last IETF in Yokohama). The example
was a 10Gbps link with a 250ms RTT (plausibly, a trans-pacific cable
lambda). There are tens of thousands of 9k packets in the window (yep, 100
*megabytes* in flight in the cable!), and it does take several hours with
exactly zero drops to get the connection to fill the 10Gbps. After one
dropped packet, it can take an hour to get back to full utilisation. The
graphs are really startling to look at :-)

That quirk just meant the numbers were off by a few orders of magnitude.

If anyone wants to look at that further, I think there are URLs in the
draft. If not, I can dig them out of the proceedings.

Andrew

--On Tuesday, January 07, 2003 04:08:29 -0300 Werner Almesberger