ACPI Support Is Improving Amazingly

From: Steven Barnhart (sbarn03@softhome.net)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 19:13:53 EST

I must say, in 2.5.54 I am *extremely* impressed by ACPI and how far it
has excelled over APM. I used to never be able to have my computer
automatically power off when I halted the system but now with ACPI it
goes off! This is quite a trivial task too for this is an eMachine and
imho it has a weird button setup period. Many thanks to the developers
and maintainers of ACPI, keep up the good work.

--
Steven
sbarn03@softhome.net