Re: Gigabit/SMP performance problem

From: Avery Fay (avery_fay@symantec.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 15:29:13 EST

Well, judging by the fact that a UP kernel can route more traffic (and
consequently more interrupts p/s) than an SMP kernel, I think that one cpu
can probably handle all of the interrupts. Really the issue I'm trying to
solve is not routing performance, but rather the fact that SMP routing
performance is worse while using twice the cpu time (2 cpu's at around 95%
vs. 1 at around 95%).

Avery Fay

"Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@aracnet.com>
01/03/2003 04:36 PM