RE: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?

From: Ranjeet Shetye (ranjeet.shetye@zultys.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 16:05:59 EST

Five years back, when I was working on IPSec, MS wanted to subvert IPSec
deployment; replace it with L2TP (PPTP + L2F). I almost thought that
their IPSec clients were purposely and "randomly" faulty when it come to
interoperability. Drove the rest of us nuts while I guess their minions
in redmond were working on the real version of the ipsec client. That's
how unappetizing any interaction with MS was.

MS might have their names in the RFCs; doesn't mean that they really
contribute positively to the community.

Ranjeet Shetye
Senior Software Engineer