Re: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in non-freedrivers?

From: Mark Mielke (mark@mark.mielke.cc)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 16:13:04 EST

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:50:06PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> But if that doesn't work for you, I would not consider it a great loss
> for the world if your products were not produced. They contribute
> something to the world if they are free software, but otherwise not.

In three lines, you have successfully summarized the exact position
that some of us find unacceptable, or unrealistic in the world that we
currently live in. This position is the position that I find to be
incompatible with my belief system, and describes the exact conflict
that we will not be able to resolve any time soon.

With this, I breath my last word in this thread.

Cheers!
mark

--
mark@mielke.cc/markm@ncf.ca/markm@nortelnetworks.com __________________________

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

http://mark.mielke.cc/